Updated: Oct 3
This recipe was brought to you by Wide Open Spaces.
Weeknight Venison Taco Pie
1 (8 ounce can) Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 pound ground venison
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Unroll dough and then separate into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 9-inch square pan or 10-inch pie plate. Use your hands to press edges together over the bottom of the pan and up sides to form crust.
3. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes
4. In 10-inch skillet, cook the ground venison over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer brown. Drain. Stir in diced tomatoes with green chilies, water and taco seasoning mix. Simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon meat mixture using a slotted spoon into crust-lined pan then sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is brown.
6. Serve topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream.