Venison Smash Burger
Smashburgers are worth the hype! They give you that fast food taste in the comfort of your own home. This recipe is a great way to use ground venison and switch it up from your typical burger make a double decker Smashburger for the ultimate burger experience.
1 pound ground venison
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
Your favorite burger seasoning
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
Ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.
1. Thinly slice the onion using a mandolin on the thinnest setting, or a knife.
2. Roll the venison into 1/4 pound balls: Form the venison into a log shape, then cut in half down the middle. Cut each half in half again.
3. Preheat flattop grill to high and set aside a piece of parchment paper.
4. Add butter or oil to grill. Once it's hot, add ¼ of the onions for each hamburger patty. Brown the onions on one side, then add burger balls on top.
5. Add parchment paper on top of burgers and smash the burgers down with a press or large spatula as thin as possible.
6. After the burgers are smashed, apply a dusting of seasoning. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Then flip and finish cooking for about 2-5 minutes until done. Dust with seasoning again then top with cheese.
7. Cover with a dome lid to melt the cheese. Serve on a toasted bun with your favorite burger toppings.
This recipe was brought to you by the DSG women's Outerwear.