Venison Cheeseburger Sliders
Updated: Feb 3
This recipe instantly hit my top favorites charts. They are to die for!
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground venison
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 large yellow onion, finely diced
12 slices yellow American cheese
12 slider buns
3 tablespoons chopped pickles
For the topping
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350°F.
2. Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground venison, Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic powder, and the salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink, approximately 8 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat. Drain any excess liquid if any. Add the burger sauce and stir to combine.
5. Cut buns in half. Place bottom half of dinner rolls on buttered baking sheet and line bread with sliced cheese. Spread ground venison mixture evenly over the sliced cheese, using the back of a spatula to square off the edges. Cover the ground venison with cheese. Top with pickle slices if desired.
6. Place the top of buns, cut-side down, over the burgers. Brush tops with 2 tablespoon melted butter and immediately sprinkle tops with sesame seeds. Bake at 350˚F for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown.
Brought to you by DSG Womens Outerwear.