Updated: Oct 18, 2022
This recipe turned out way better than I thought! Our friend was telling us how good pulled goose is, so I had to make my own version. It's about as easy as it gets yet loaded with flavor.
2 pounds Goose Breast
1 Tablespoons salt in a half gallon of water
BBQ Rub of Choice
2 tablespoons Butter
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced (or Crushed)
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2-3 cups Chicken Broth
BBQ Sauce of Choice, For Serving
6-8 Kaiser Rolls
1. Trim any silver skin off of goose breasts then place in a resealable plastic bag. Add in water and salt. Allow the goose breast to sit in the salt bath for 24-48 hours. Rinse thoroughly after.
2. Season both sides of goose breasts liberally with the barbeque rub.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add in the goose breasts and brown them on each side until golden brown.
4. Transfer the goose breasts to a slow cooker. Then, add in onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and enough chicken broth to cover the meat.
5. Cover with the lid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours until the meat is tender. Remove from slow cooker and shreds with two forks. Drain off liquid mix from your slow cooker.
6. Add shredded meat back to the slow cooker and mix with your choice of BBQ sauce. Serve on a Kaiser roll.
Recipe brought to you by Hevi-Shot