Million Dollar VENISON Spaghetti
Updated: Feb 3
I don't know who to credit for the origional inspiration for this recipe but million dollar spaghetti recipes have hit the internet and the internet about froze. Everyone loves this recipe. So here is my version, doctored up and served with venison.
16 ounces spaghetti
2 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pound ground venison
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces ricotta cheese
2 ounces sour cream
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions for al dente. Place into a bowl and stir the cooked spaghetti with one jar of marinara sauce and set aside.
3. Cook the venison in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a spatula or spoon until the venison is about half way browned, about 4 minutes. Season with parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, then salt and pepper to taste. Add onion and continue to cook until the venison is browned and onions are translucent, about 8 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to one minute. Remove from the heat.
4. Add the remaining 1 jar of marinara sauce and stir until well combined.
5. Mix ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and set aside.
6. Cut ½ cup unsalted butter into thin slices and arrange half of it on a 10×8 inch-baking tray.
7. Spread half of the cooked spaghetti on the tray evenly.
8. Top with the cheese mixture.
9. Spread the remaining spaghetti over the cheese mixture and top with the remaining butter.
10. Now pour the beef mixture over the spaghetti and spread it evenly.
11. Sprinkle 2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top then the Parmesan cheese.
12. Keep the tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Set the oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove the tray from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes