I've been loving using the CanCooker Jr in my kitchen and can't wait to take it out camping and fishing soon! This recipe works great as an appetizer or a meal.
1 wild turkey breast
1 package slider buns
1 1/2 cups barbeque sauce, divided
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1/2 cup water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1, 10-ounce bag of shredded coleslaw mix
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup dill relish
1 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons pickle juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cut wild turkey breast into 3-4 equivalent sizes for equal cooking. Pat dry, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Spray Can Cooker JR with cooking spray, and then place turkey pieces into the Can Cooker JR. Pour in 1 cup of the barbeque sauce, Italian dressing, liquid smoke, garlic and water.
3. Cover with lid and bring to a mild steam. Then cook on medium low for 30-35 minutes, or until the internal temp reaches 165°F.
4. While the wild turkey is cooking, combine the ingredients for the coleslaw and mix to combine. Set in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
5. Remove lid. Take out the wild turkey and shred using two forks. Place them back into can cooker and add in remaining barbeque sauce.
6. Serve on slider buns with coleslaw on top.