Cajun Wild Turkey Pasta
Updated: Oct 3, 2022
1 Wild Turkey Breast
1 cup AP Flour
2 Large Eggs, Mixed with 1 tablespoon Water
1.5 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning, Divided
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Medium Onion, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
16 ounce Penne pasta
3 cups Chicken broth
14.5 ounce can Petite Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
4 ounces Cream cheese
1/4 cup Sour cream
Parsley, for garnish
1. Pound wild turkey breast to an even thickness (approximately 1/2 inch).
2. Prepare three stations: 1 with the flour, the second station with the egg wash and the third with panko. Add onion powder, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning to the panko. Mix until even.
3. Dredge the wild turkey breast into the three stations, starting with flour and ending in the breadcrumbs.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large deep skillet. Once hot, place the breaded wild turkey breast and cook for about 3 minutes each side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove from skillet and place into the oven until the temperature reads 165°F.
5. Heat the oil over medium-high until the skillet is hot. Add the diced onion and bell pepper to the skillet and sauté just until the onion begins to soften.
6. Next, add the pasta, diced tomatoes (with the juices), and chicken broth to the skillet. Stir just until everything is evenly combined, then place a lid on top and allow the broth to come up to a boil.
7. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium-low and let the pasta simmer for about ten minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until the pasta is tender and the liquid is thick and saucy.
8. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, cream cheese and sour cream to the skillet, then stir until it has melted into the sauce. Top with chopped parsley and serve.
This recipe was brought to you by DSGouterwear.com !