Updated: Oct 23
This has to be my new favorite wild turkey recipe! 12 taquitos might not be enough after you try one. Shoutout to DSG Womens Outerwear for bringing you guys this recipe.
This is a great way to use up left overs and you can even substitute with pheasant or your other favorite game bird.
12 Fajita Sized Flour Tortillas
3 cups shredded and cooked Wild Turkey
1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce
1/3 cup Ranch Dressing
4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/3 cups Bleu Cheese Crumbles, plus more for garnish
Sliced Green Onions, for Garnish (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded wild turkey, paprika, hot sauce, ranch, cream cheese, and bleu cheese.
3. Place about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the turkey filling in a line across the tortilla. Start at the bottom edge; roll the tortilla up towards the top, rolling it up into a cigar-like shape.
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with this process with the remaining tortillas and filling. Spray with cooking spray.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip the taquitos over and bake another 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve garnished with bleu cheese crumbles and green onions if desired.