Bourbon Barbeque Venison Burger
This recipe combines two of my personal favorites: venison and bourbon! I think they compliment each other well and this recipe proves that! The burger is juicy and topped with the bourbon barbeque sauce- it'll be a family favorite!
I've also shared a great cocktail pairing recipe- a Bourbon Lemonade
For the Burgers: 1 pound Venison
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 Large Tomatoes, Sliced
1/3 cup Ketchup
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Bourbon
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 1/2 ounces bourbon of choice
1 ounce triple sec
1 ounce lemon juice
4 ounces sprite (or other lemon lime soda)
Lemon slices, for garnish
Make the bourbon sauce:
1. Combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bourbon brown sugar and paprika in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium/high heat for 5 min. Set aside
Prepare the burgers:
1. Mix the smoked paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin into the ground venison. Mix with your hands and form into four quarter pound burger patties.
2. Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping once, until they're cooked through. If you're using a meat thermometer, look for 140 degrees Fahrenheit for medium and 160 degrees for well-done.
3. Top the burgers with cheese and allow to melt, about 30 seconds. Remove from grill and serve on a toasted bun with lettuce and tomato, or other preferred toppings.
Make the Bourbon Lemonade:
1. Combine 1 and 1/2 ounces bourbon of choice, 1 ounce triple sec, 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 4 ounces sprite. Mix then garnish with lemon slices.
This recipe was brought to you by Hoist.